Getting Started

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Hello Philippe,

Now that IDF is opensource I know that it can potentially grow quickly but what I was wondering is if you or anyone will be posting some "Getting Started" sample code?
All of your features look extremely well thought out and helpful, I just don't know where to begin to start taking advantage of it.  The first thing I'm going to do is marry Farseer Physics to the framework :)

Thanks in advanced,

Nick 

Coordinator
Sep 5, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to get back to you only now but I've been in vacation for the last 2 weeks.

I'll be working on some "Getting started" sample code soon now with a step by step tutorial on how to create a full small game with IGF, SunBurn & Xna. It'll still ask a bit of time to get done since I must first select which game will be the most relevant.

Regards,

Philippe

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Hey Philippe,

I hope you had a great vacation.  Thanks again, I look forward to it!

Nick

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Hi Philippe,

I started my first SunBurn game this week. I don't have a lot of experience with 3D engines, only with 2D games (and Farseer :) )! So I really would like to use your Indiefreaks framework - it really looks great and helpful but I didn't get it to run with my project.. I got some troubles with the  MinimalSunBurnApplication() class....

Can you make a Miniaml SunBurn sample again, please - like I have seen in your old samples? Then I could use your framework already now!

Stefan

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I'll soon start a tutorial series taking you by the hand step by step how to use every feature in the framework. The first tutorial will probably be a minimal sunburn application using IGF ;)

Cheers

Philippe

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Awesome - thank you!! :)

greets from Austria