Documentation

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I would like to join the project and help write the documentation. Here's a sample: http://www.wellroundedgeek.com/IFGF_Help.zip Any demo code will help me expand the docs.

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:51 PM

More goat love - I just don't ...

Framework documentation in the style of 4chan - it could just work :)

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Who doesn't love goats? 

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Pardon my humor :) 

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Hi gogman,

Thanks for the proposal, I'd rather not provide such API class documentation for now because I'm bot totally confident how the classes are structured. For instance, with the next SunBurn release, I'll probably remove the custom rendering feature out of IGF since SunBurn should provide partial material transparency (which wasn't available so far why I provided the camera distance sorted renderers) and SceneEntity & SceneObject already provides custom rendering overriden methods.

I'd wait for v0.9 to be released to work on such approach and instead focus on Tutorials to help IGF users to get started. ;)

Regards

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I'd love to help out with basic tutorials, however I can't quite seem to figure things out with getting a minimal IFG game going. I've even gone so far as to pause the WP7 demo video and look at the code in the video. If I can get some sample code from you, I'd be more than willing to work on some tutorials this week.

As for the class documentation, it won't matter if you add or remove API sections, the documentation would show and note the changes with each version and code samples could be included in the documentation.

Let me know if I can help in any capacity.