Motion Blur

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Hello,

First, thanks for all the great work you put into IGF, I am new to Sunburn and IGF, and I am very excited start using it.

This might not be in direct relation to IGF.

I wonder if you have any plans on adding a Motion Blur Effect (basically something that has some threshold to the moving objects velocity)

Coming from Unity3d(which such effect was included) I was wondering if you can provide me with some pointers.

Another question,

What approach(Does IGF has some coverage of that already?) would you suggest for path following based on bezier curves creation from a waypoint list.

Thanks

Chen Mark.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Hi chenmark,

First, sorry for not anwsering sooner but Xmas is always a very busy period of the year in my family ;)

There were plans to add Motion Blur to IGF but after a few trials, I quit because I had some other higher priorities in the feature requests/issues list. This could be brought back in but I'll wait for UjenT Post Processors Plugin to be released on SunBurn's website before making any move forward in that direction.

UJenT should bring some post processors including Motion Blur so no need for duplicates :)

As for your other question, there is also a plan to add a waypoint steering behavior but yet again lack of time to work on it and higher priorities :)

However, the design I came with would be to create a WayPoint class inheriting from SceneEntity that can be added by code or directly within the Editor (I'd use the custom rendering pipeline to render the Waypoint in the Editor. Then, I'll have to add another steering behavior class and logic to use it as part of the Indiefreaks.Game.AI.dll assembly under the Indiefreaks.Xna.Logic.SteeringBehaviors namespace.