Behaviors

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Hey just wanted to say you did a fantastic job on the logic/Behavior class. I started to use them and I can really see how dynamic/powerful they are.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thanks Wudek!

The Logic/Session assemblies are actually the feature I'm the most proud of in IGF :)

I believe they are just as flexible and powerful as they were meant to be.

The next step for me with this feature is to add Scripting support so that you can create behaviors and edit them in real time directly within the Editor ;)

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I was looking into doing something similar for something I am writing, but if you add it to IGF, I won't have to. :) I'd be interested in seeing how you would do that in a cross-platform compatible way. I was initially thinking of hosting an instance of the powershell runtime and have the scripts be in powershell, but that wouldn't work for anything but the PC.

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I'm considering using assembly code injection. Without going too much into details, script editing doesn't make sense on Xbox or WP7: you just really need to edit your scripts on Windows using the Editor and then push/reload them in a script engine when saved or built.

Then you'd have a special file in your content project that would actually be an assembly loaded in the Xbox or WP7 context.

I started working on a prototype but I'm still unsure how far I want to go with it.

Still, Scripting capabilities won't make it for v1.0 for sure and is on the roadmap for future versions.