Plans for 2.0.18

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

So, with 2.0.18 having its own physics system, how do you see IGF supporting that, especially since IGF already has built in BEPU?

Also, I can't wait to see the virtual gamepad for WP7! Any timeline for that?

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM

SunBurn 2.0.18 doesn't really change anything from IGF's BEPUPhysics implementation perspective.

Even if SynapseGaming made the choice of using BEPUPHysics for their new Physics module, they are using a lightweighted and closed version of the former engine while IGF's wraps BEPUPhysics and allows you to extend its current features with your own specifics.

That's why I exposed the Space instance in the BEPUPhysicsManager as well as the Entity in the BEPUEntityCollisionMove and inherited classes: you can tweak the physics as you'd normally do if you were using BEPUPhysics directly but with the integration with SunBurn's engine solved for you. ;)

As for the virtual gamepad for WP7, it'll be officially released with the next version which shouldn't be long to come (potentially at the same time as SunBurn's 2.0.18 gets released).

Until then, you should be able to play with it since I've already commited in the Main branch most of the code for you to play with ;)