Problems with changeset 12403

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I'm having problems with the CoreResources.resx files for Windows and Xbox 360 like I did before with an earlier changeset. I had the content projects build first but it isn't resolving the issue. I am also getting errors in ParticleEffect.cs and AbstractEmitter.cs.

Error    14    No overload for method 'Process' takes 1 arguments    C:\Users\dwc2987@msn.com\Downloads\igf-12403\1 - Source\Main\Indiefreaks Game Framework Solution\Indiefreaks.Game.Particles\Mercury\ParticleEffect.cs    188    17    Indiefreaks.Game.Particles WP7 (SunBurn Pro)
Error    15    'ProjectMercury.Emitters.EmitterCollection' does not contain a definition for 'Terminate' and no extension method 'Terminate' accepting a first argument of type 'ProjectMercury.Emitters.EmitterCollection' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\dwc2987@msn.com\Downloads\igf-12403\1 - Source\Main\Indiefreaks Game Framework Solution\Indiefreaks.Game.Particles\Mercury\ParticleEffect.cs    272    27    Indiefreaks.Game.Particles WP7 (SunBurn Pro)
Error    16    'ProjectMercury.Controllers.TriggerContext' does not contain a definition for 'ProxyIndex' and no extension method 'ProxyIndex' accepting a first argument of type 'ProjectMercury.Controllers.TriggerContext' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\dwc2987@msn.com\Downloads\igf-12403\1 - Source\Main\Indiefreaks Game Framework Solution\Indiefreaks.Game.Particles\Mercury\Emitters\AbstractEmitter.cs    509    61    Indiefreaks.Game.Particles WP7 (SunBurn Pro)

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Thanks for reporting those, I'll look onto it.

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I just looked at my code and compared it with the hosted source code and they do not match... However, my files are set as checkedin so they normally should be the exact same.

Seems like it didn't pushed the changes correctly on the repository which is something that worries me more than a simple bug...

I'll try to force a push in the repository and it should solve your issues (if I find out how to do so :p)

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Forced a full checkin and it should now work with the latest changeset.

Let me know if that isn't still the case.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Thanks and I went and downloaded the latest checkin the above errors are gone except the ones about the resources for Windows and Xbox 360. Not sure why that is as I did the build for the content projects first before trying to build the framework. Is there something else I need to generate the resource files?

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I guess I have something wrongly setup in the solution. I'll try to figure out. I noticed an issue on my first build but the second was ok.

Try building the Content Projects solely (make sure to use the Mixed Platform compilation) and then unload it from the solution and build the framework again using a Rebuild All.

Also, verify that the Content Projects copies the compiled content to the folder: <IGF root folder>/Content Projects/Binaries/<Platform>/

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I build the Content Projects by themselves and made sure they  copied the compiled content to how you put and unloaded them and rebuild the framework but the WindowsCoreResources.resx and Xbox360CoreResources.resx are still missing.

In the lines of code below it states that Resources does not exist in the current context.

#if WINDOWS
            var resourceContentManager = new ResourceContentManager(Services, Resources.WindowsCoreResources.ResourceManager);
#elif XBOX
            var resourceContentManager = new ResourceContentManager(Services, Resources.Xbox360CoreResources.ResourceManager);
#endif

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I double checked and once again a repository issue... I may need to clean up a bit the solution structure as it seems that it's getting hard for TFS to get around all its subtilities. :(

So, the repository misses a directory named Resources with the WindowsCoreResources.resx and Xbox360CoreResources.resx files on it.

I'll check them in later as soon as I get around a refactoring action around the LogicalPlayerIndex usage.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM

The two missing files should now be on the latest changeset. Let me know if you still have trouble with it.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Thanks! I was able to build the Framework with no errors :) the only thing I have a problem getting to build now is the Tools project as this is what I get when building the Pro version of the Particle System:

Error    3    Files has invalid value "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultControllers (SunBurn Pro).csprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultControllers (SunBurn Pro)
Error    4    Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultControllers (SunBurn Pro).csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultControllers (SunBurn Pro)
Error    6    Files has invalid value "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultEmitters (SunBurn Pro).csprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultEmitters (SunBurn Pro)
Error    7    Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultEmitters (SunBurn Pro).csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultEmitters (SunBurn Pro)
Error    9    Files has invalid value "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultModifiers (SunBurn Pro).csprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultModifiers (SunBurn Pro)
Error    10    Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultModifiers (SunBurn Pro).csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultModifiers (SunBurn Pro)
Error    12    Files has invalid value "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultSerializers (SunBurn Pro).csprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultSerializers (SunBurn Pro)
Error    13    Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultSerializers (SunBurn Pro).csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.    ProjectMercury.Plugins.DefaultSerializers (SunBurn Pro)

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

This issue is totally local to your own workspace: basically, what you'll want to do is move IGF's whole folder structure down in your hard drive hierarchy.

If you place IGF's root folder in say for instance C:\IGF\ you won't get this error anymore.