Initialization Exception Error

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:37 AM

I'm using the latest changeset to try and run the Ace on Steroids project and am getting an exception when initializing that deals with Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SaveDevice. Bellow is the information from the exception:

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
  Message=The type initializer for 'Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SaveDevice' threw an exception.
  Source=Indiefreaks.Game.Framework
  TypeName=Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SaveDevice
  StackTrace:
       at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SaveDevice..ctor()
       at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SharedSaveDevice..ctor()
       at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.StorageManager.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
       at Indiefreaks.AceOnSteroids.AceOnSteroidsApplication.Initialize() in C:\IGF\1 - Source\Main\Ace on Steroids Solution\Ace on Steroids\Ace on Steroids\AceOnSteroidsApplication.cs:line 62
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
       at Indiefreaks.AceOnSteroids.Boot.Main() in C:\IGF\1 - Source\Main\Ace on Steroids Solution\Ace on Steroids\Ace on Steroids\AceOnSteroidsApplication.cs:line 21
  InnerException: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
       Message=The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       Source=mscorlib
       StackTrace:
            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
            at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.Strings.get_Ok()
            at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.StorageSettings.ResetSaveDeviceStrings()
            at Indiefreaks.Xna.Storage.SaveDevice..cctor()
       InnerException:

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yeah, it's a CultureInfo wrong assignment bug. I bet you live in an English language based country but not US, right? That is already solved in my local workspace but still have a few issues I wanna solve before checking in the bug resolution.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Actually I live in the US :-) but hopefully when you do your next check in it will be resolved.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Could you double check you have the latest revision and try again? I cannot reproduce the bug anymore.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I doubled checked by re-downloading the latest changeset and ended up getting the same exception error.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Ok, this means I didn't solve the issue at all. I need to get back on the code and see what is going on...

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ok, I look into it and I think I fixed it, could you please try again with the latest changeset (a single file actually is changed so you may simply copy/paste its content into the same file locally).

Thanks