Issue with Particle System Editor

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I've compiled the particle system editor from the latest build, but when I try to run ProjectMercury.EffectEditor.exe, the trace.log tells me:

1) Could not find any modifier plugins!

Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to set the value of property 'ProjectMercury.EffectEditor.Core.ModifierPlugins'.

Resulting in: Cannot activate part 'ProjectMercury.EffectEditor.Core'.
Element: ProjectMercury.EffectEditor.Core -->  ProjectMercury.EffectEditor.Core

And in my Composition.log are a whole lot of:

[blank] was ignored because it contains no exports.

I've found fixes on the Project Mercury site, but they are only in regards to their local binaries. Any thoughts?

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I don't know what could be going on in your system. Did you try running the exe from Explorer or from Visual Studio.

Moreover, make sure you make a full solution Rebuild using "Distribution" as the active solution configuration so that it builds all modifier assemblies too. I know there are some solution configuration issues that I need to solve that could make so a few projects don't build in the correct order.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Ah-ha! I set it to "distribution" and was able to successfully compile and run the editor! Perfect!

As a note, which is totally a ridiculous note, but I use the C# express 2010 which doesn't support a lot of features (such as project folders) that VS supports. Is it easy to break your main project up into side project files as well? Like x86 Pro/Indie, xbox pro/indie, etc? Just a thought!

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM

It is harder to maintain to get such project setup as I have to make changes on multiple solutions. But I'm thinking on reorganizing it all so that there is only one project tree for all editions using some build tips.