BEPU vehicle?

Apr 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Does the IGFramwork support vehicle physics when BEPU is used in sunburn? Is this already implemented and working? Or will I have to hack it in there myself?

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hi beterthnyu,

Right of the box, IGF's BEPU implementation doesn't provide you with a simple plug & play vehicle physics component.

However, since I expose the BEPU internal API (Space is accessoble in BEPUPhysicsManager as a property & you can create your own BEPU specific CollisionMove with direct support within IGF and SunBurn), you can quite easily extend it to fit your game requirements.

If you look in the BEPUPhysics API, there is a BEPUPhysics.Vehicle namespace which contains a set of classes to implement vehicle physics. I haven't played myself with it but it should be quite straightforward to make use of these classes and plug them in IGF.

Be sure to check BEPUPhysics documentation and discussions in http://bepuphysics.codeplex.com as I'm sure there is already someone who asked for their usage in general.

If you're blocked somehow to integrate this to IGF, feel free to ask here and I'll see what I can do to help ;)