Thinking of getting Ace on Steroids?

May 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hey, anyone who's wondering whether it's "worth it" to pick up a copy of Ace on Steroids (with free source code!), I highly recommend it. Trolling through the source code has taught me a great deal about the SunBurn framework and just good game dev stuff. Indiefreaks' framework is a goldmine of great stuff, and seeing it in the context of a complete game gives you a much better understanding of what you can use directly, what bits you can't use, and what bits you can use as a guide to rewrite the functionality for yourself. Do it! It's a bargain!

May 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

The couple of dollars to get the Ace of Steroids source and support IGF was basically all I needed to really get my project going. So I'd second this.

Coordinator
May 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thanks guys! It's always great to see that the efforts you put in an open source project gets used out there ;-)

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Although i've been using IGF for a while i picked up AOS for the source and have definately learned a thing or two over the last couple of days about how i could be using it better. Great work Phillipe

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Thanks bamyazi. I'm no engineer but I believe I'm good at gathering information analysing it and taking the core essential from it. I went through this process all over general c#, design patterns, game development tutorials, books and documentation to retribute it into this framework and AOS.

I'm proud to see it being used and saving you all time to use SunBurn ;)