GetIdentifiedPlayer Method?

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Where is this method how do i retrieve the player that has pressed start onstartscreen?

Application.SunBurn.GetManager<SessionManager>(true).GetIdentifiedPlayer(LogicalPlayerIndex.One).Input

this gives me an error

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Application.SunBurn.GetManager<ISessionManager>(true).GetIdentifiedPlayer(LogicalPlayerIndex.One).Input;

The videos were made using the v0.8.x version and there was a breaking change in the framework where we changed from a base class generic system to interfaces to provide developers more flexibility.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Actually, that was the first thing I tried after locating the post (http://igf.codeplex.com/discussions/283449) describing this problem with the provided code sample project. And unfortunately it does not work as I would have expected. It appears that the Interface (ISessionManager) does not provide a function definition for this, but it is specified in the SessionManager class type. So personally, the fix for this was:

base(true,true,SessionManager.GetIdentifiedPlayer(LogicalPlayerIndex.One).Input) {

However I am unsure what kind of repercussions will ensue from using a static member function like this(via Type), instead of an instanced object  (via interface).
If I understand interfaces like I think I do (coming from C++ background), then it should be as simple as pasting the function definition into the interface class, which will properly resolve due to the instance from GetManager being a valid SessionManager object.. Hmm, perhaps I'll just fix that myself, or perhaps it will appear on github soon? :P

Game compiles fine, works as normal after above said changes. Finally, I can get to having some real fun with IGF.... :P

Thanks for the help indiefreaks, and the framework which I have yet to explore fully. 

P.S.  update your sample code!! :P  Put it on git hub at the least :) :)