Need to use 2D sprite animation like SunBurn TopDown 2D example

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hi all,

I trying to use 2D sprites and sprite animation with IGF but with no results.

Please, someone can help me with a little example? I don't understand how to mixing the sprite management used in TopDown 2D example in IGF. It's possible to make a 2D game platform style not like the TopDown 2D example?

Thanks

-Kafar

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Hi Kafar,

While fully functional, I didn't yet finished working on IGF's 2D features. Mostly, what I'm missing for now is support for animated sprites. Thus, you'd have to implement it on your own and potentially return back to IGF your implementation. ;)

It shouldn't be too hard thow to add similar sprite animation than the one used in SunBurn's TopDown 2D example. All you'd have to do is add some code in your SpriteObject.Update() method or add a custom component that would simply update the SpriteObject.UVPosition to the new position on the Sprite animation atlas texture each frame.

I wish I had some time to implement that as a feature but I'm really lacking spare time to move on.

Please, share your experiments and results and I'll see what I can do to get it done.

Regards

Philippe

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hi Philippe,

Sorry, I have issues to show a simple sprite and, probably, to follow the right flow about implement the sprite management with IGF.

I posted this thread on Synapse forums http://www.synapsegaming.com/forums/t/3493.aspx with my game state code if you can look it.

Thanks

-Kafar